LUNAR ECLIPSE [05 Taurus 09]
October 28 2023 (21:24 GMT+1)
13 Top Tips For The Lunar Eclipse
Here are 13 tips to guide you during this week’s Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Taurus taking place on October 28th.
1.Eclipses take place two times a year in pairs. We are now at the end of a powerful Taurus/Scorpio eclipse cycle which began in November 2021 and completes in November 2023. Full Moons often represent completion or achievement. This Lunar Eclipse may represent the end of a chapter or project which began in October 2022, when there was a Solar Eclipse at 2° Scorpio.
2. Eclipses are most important in your chart when they fall within 2 degrees of key planets or angles in your horoscope. During this eclipse, the Sun is at 5° Scorpio and the Moon at 5° Taurus. Yet, other planets are involved widening the power of this eclipse to 11° of both star signs.
3. A Lunar Eclipse is often about relationships, a triangle situation as the Sun, Moon and Earth compete for attention. Sometimes, one person wins and another person loses. The aim is to be on the winning team. Who stays, who goes?
4. Eclipses are often feared because they bring what’s hidden to light, they represent the unknown. They often coincide with external events in your life, where you have to let go of control. Once you know this, you can be more in flow.
5. Eclipses are often concurrent with turning points. This is why they are considered game-changers as they move the goalposts of life. Fundamentally, eclipses are neither positive nor negative. It’s how you perceive and respond to what happens in your own life and out in the world that’s important.
6. Eclipses don’t bring change for everyone. This set of eclipses is most important for the fixed star signs – Taurus and Scorpio, Leo and Aquarius. It’s about identity and relationships for Taurus and Scorpio, about changes at home and work for Leo and Aquarius.
7. The Taurus/Scorpio axis pits the physical and tangible realm of Taurus against the metaphysical and intangible world of Scorpio. Taurus rules produce, food, what the earth creates for us, how the earth nurtures and nourishes us. Whereas, Scorpio rules elimination, composting, transformation and rebirth. At a basic level, the Taurus/Scorpio axis is about our survival and the survival of our planet.
8. Taurus and Scorpio are the two star signs representing money. Taurus’ money is linked to security, being able to feed yourself, keep a roof over your head and build for the future. Scorpio’s money is linked to power, the stock markets, the capacity of money has to corrupt and turn into greed, also to transform and regenerate. The cost of living crisis has rocketed over the last two years during the Taurus/Scorpio eclipse cycle. The rich have got richer, the poor have got poorer.
9. Eclipses are often relevant in the lives of the royals and leaders. They are an omen that there is going to be a significant change in leadership. A striking example of this took place in 2022 during the current Taurus/Scorpio eclipse cycle. Queen Elizabeth II (Sun Taurus) died meaning that her son became King Charles III (Sun Scorpio).
10. Traditionally, it’s wise to wait a few days after an eclipse before taking action or making a big decision. A date that has power within it to act fast and take the initiative is November 13th when there’s a New Moon at 20° Scorpio. Action planet Mars sits next to the Sun & Moon in Scorpio during this New Moon. As Mars is surge of energy in Scorpio, it’s a reminder to be empowered and step into your power. Be strong.
11. During an eclipse, the karmic nodes, the points of destiny in astrology, are pulled into the cosmic dance of the Sun, Moon and Earth. A shadow is thrown as the Sun/Moon/Earth are in close alignment. This is why eclipse symbolism is said to be ‘shadowy’. Once the shadow clears, it brings what’s hidden to light or sheds a new perspective on a current situation.
12. This eclipse indicates that the Taurus/Scorpio eclipse cycle is going out with a bang. This is because of other planets pulled into the eclipse pattern. On Scorpio’s team, you find talk planet Mercury at 10° Scorpio next to action planet Mars at 11° Scorpio. Together, these two planets like to walk (Mars) their talk (Mercury). It’s an opportunity to do (Mars) what you say (Mercury). This combination is forceful, powerful and argumentative. Tempers could flare or there may be a grab for power.
13. On Taurus’ team, you find the biggest and best planet Jupiter at 11° Taurus. Jupiter represents opportunity and growth, urging you to broaden your horizons and have trust and faith that life will provide for you. This backs up the Lunar Eclipse theory that some people will do extremely well – Lunar Eclipses tend to divide the population into winners and losers. As Jupiter expands what it touches, expect the Taurus/Scorpio eclipse cycle to exit with a fanfare. There’s power and noise in this final eclipse of the eclipse season.
Previous Taurus/Scorpio eclipse cycles – November 2002 to April 2005 – May 1984 to April 1986 – May 1966 to November 1967
What Does It Mean For You?
Here’s a reminder of the areas of your life where you may experience a theme of endings and beginnings. Or, you’re being called towards a period of change and deep inner transformation. Read both your Sun sign and your Ascendant sign:
- Taurus & Scorpio: RELATIONSHIPS/IDENTITY – your image and appearance, personal goals – love and relationships, contracts, agreements and conflict
- Gemini & Sagittarius: WORK/DEVOTION – retreat, solitude, a spiritual path, what you sacrifice for others – your health and lifestyle, work and service to others
- Cancer & Capricorn: SOCIAL GROUPS/SELF-EXPRESSION – your friends, groups and social issues – your children, your creative source, love affairs, what you ‘give birth to’.
- Leo & Aquarius: FOUNDATIONS/FUTURE PATH – your career and vocation, your status and reputation, where you’re heading in life – your home and family, your roots and past, where you come from.
- Virgo & Pisces: LEARNING/BELIEFS – your education, neighbours and siblings, how you communicate, your community – the bigger picture, travel, philosophy, religion, what gives your life meaning.
- Libra & Aries: MONEY/SELF-WORTH – money, possessions, where your values lie, self-worth – joint finances, your sexuality, all things hidden, the psyche.
If you would like to receive weekly horoscopes so you know what to expect and keep up-to-date with the latest astrology, you can join my subscription service here: Weekly Horoscopes. Be in the flow and get one step ahead. Also, you’ll learn about star-gazing and find out how to use the current astrology.