Lunar Eclipse [13 Capricorn 38] – July 5, 2020 (05:44 GMT+1)
We have the third of three eclipses back-to-back taking place this weekend. This a Lunar or Full Moon eclipse and will be glorious in the night sky. You won’t see the usual orange glare during this eclipse but you may sense that something special is happening.
Cancer/Capricorn Eclipse Cycle
Eclipses usually take place two times a year in pairs. We are now in a Cancer/Capricorn eclipse cycle which began in July 2018 and completes right now in July 2020.
This eclipse cycle has been super-important because of three major planets also moving through Capricorn – Jupiter, Saturn & Pluto. In Capricorn, the star sign that represents business, the establishment, solid foundations, tradition, history – the slate really has been wiped clean.
This eclipse cycle started with 3 eclipses back-to-back and ends with 3 eclipses back-to-back. Intense eclipse energy – dramatic, shadowy, accelerating growth and change.
The next time 3 eclipses happen in a row won’t be until 2029. Immediately, you can see how powerful this eclipse cycle has been.
The key eclipses in the cycle fell at 20 degrees Capricorn, the first on July 13, 2018 and the most powerful in the cycle on January 10, 2020, two days before the Saturn-Pluto conjunction.
Both eclipses were Lunar or Full and the one in January 2020 has been the major symbol of this transformational year with its theme of endings, forcing us to press the reset button.
Time is up, we need to reassess what we’re doing to our earth, our leadership and how we live together as a world community. Corruption and wrongdoing is being exposed.
Home & Work
The Cancer/Capricorn axis is about home/family/foundations (Cancer) v. work/status/authority (Capricorn). Many of you have been experiencing pressure and total change in these areas of your lives, whether you’re working from home, out of work or juggling your working life with your home & family.
You may have become acutely aware of the passing of time, your own mortality, of endings and beginnings. You may have lost people close to you.
The ties of ancestry and legacy can be clearly seen in this powerful eclipse cycle. Who you are may have become lost amongst the demands of work or family and dealing with your own personal crisis.
Yet, all crises have the potential to lead to illumination, insight and reassessment. Change rarely happens easily and smoothly. Eras of change always require courage and strength.
Full Moon Ritual
Tap into the power of this Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse. All Full Moons bring matters to completion and culmination as the light of the Moon is at its brightest.
It’s an ideal time for ritual and a chance to release and let go of what’s no longer needed in your life. Ditch the things that aren’t working out, sweep things clean and create space for new energy to flood in.
Listen out for key insights and intuitions during this powerful Eclipse weekend. Yet, wait to set things in motion until July 12th, the date that Mercury turns direct. The eclipse season we’re in right now started in May 2020, the same month that Venus turned retrograde.
Two of the personal planets have been in retreat throughout this eclipse season. It’s only when Mercury turns direct mid-July, that the new chapter really begins.
Mercury’s change of direction often coincides with news or information that’s been hidden. Eclipses have a shadowy theme but once Mercury is up to speed, it’s an ideal time to look ahead, plan, get busy and put what you’ve learned into practise.
Remember to gaze in wonder at the night sky this weekend at the glorious Full Moon. You may be able to see Jupiter & Saturn close to the Moon as well.
Key Areas To Note
Here’s a reminder of the areas of your life where the theme of endings and beginnings has been potent during this eclipse cycle.
- Capricorn & Cancer: 1st/7th houses – your identity & image, personal goals; love & relationships, significant others, contracts. IDENTITY/RELATIONSHIPS
- Aquarius & Leo: 12th/6th houses – retreat, quiet, solitude, a spiritual path; your health & work, what you sacrifice for others. WORK/SERVICE/HEALTH
- Pisces & Virgo: 11th/5th houses – your friends, groups & social issues; your children, creativity, love affairs, what you ‘give birth to’. SOCIAL GROUPS/SELF-EXPRESSION
- Aries & Libra: 10th/4th houses – your career & vocation, your status & reputation, where you’re heading in life; your home & family, your past & roots, where you come from. FOUNDATIONS/SECURITY
- Taurus & Scorpio: 3rd/9th houses – your education, neighbours & siblings, how you communicate; the bigger picture, travel, philosophy, religion, what gives your life meaning. LEARNING/BELIEFS
- Gemini & Sagittarius: 2nd/8th houses – money, possessions, where your values lie; your joint finances, your sexuality, all things hidden, the metaphysical realm. MONEY/MAGIC
If you would like to receive regular weekly astrology updates so you know what’s happening when and how you can work with astrology to benefit your life, you can join my subscription service here: Weekly.