Full Moon [9 Aquarius 16]
August 1, 2023 (19:32 GMT+1)
We are living in a modern world where technology rules and it can be easy to feel disconnected from yourself and the natural world. It’s no surprise, therefore, that more people are looking back to ancient wisdom for guidance and reassurance.
The older I get, the more I love watching the Sun and Moon rise and set. The regularity of their movement is incredibly comforting. And, I know many people, young and old, are becoming more fascinated by the two stars, the Sun and Moon, and finding an alignment with their cycles.
I guess it was the same for ancient peoples – knowing that the Sun and Moon would continue to rise and set and keep bringing their beauty and constancy into our world. When in doubt, trust in nature and listen to the universe.
Sometimes, we run helter-skelter at full tilt through life. Yet, the planets are a constant reminder of a shifting universe and nature is a constant reminder that there is a season for everything. This includes rest and retreat as well as growth and expansion.
Create some time and space for yourself during the Full Moon, so you can reprioritise what’s serving you well and where change may be needed. Sometimes, it’s only when you slow down that you discover how you can speed up in a way that’s in flow rather than out of kilter with yourself and the universe.
Full Moon/Blue Moon
This month, August 2023, there will be two Full Moons which is unusual in itself. The last time this happened was October 2020. The second Full Moon in a month is termed a Blue Moon. It’s not literally blue but the idea conjures up a sense of magic. The Full Moon on August 1st falls in the fixed air sign Aquarius. The Full (Blue) Moon on August 31st will fall in the mutable water sign Pisces.
You could say that this first Full Moon is ideal for being within a group as Aquarius rules the collective. Yet, Aquarius is about your individual self too, the quirks and weirdness that make you ‘you’. Walk your own path and bring what’s yours into a group environment.
Top Tips For The Full Moon
It’s heartening to see groups of people coming together to honour the Full Moon and it seems to be more prevalent within our society. Whether you are celebrating the Full Moon with other people or you choose to honour the Full Moon in your own way, mark this peak cycle of our glorious Moon. Here are some ideas on how you can make the most of Full Moon magic and wisdom:
- Tap into your intuition. The Moon represents your inner world, the subconscious, your inner knowingness. When the light of the Moon is at its brightest during the Full Moon phase, this can bring clarity when you turn inward, slow down and listen.
- Meditate, be mindful, go for a walk – engage in any activity that helps to quieten your mind and reconnect you with yourself.
- Do yoga or any group activity appeals to you. Full Moons are an ideal time to come together with other people in community.
- Use the Full Moon to firm up plans. In the moon cycle, Full Moons represent completion and culmination. This the peak of the monthly phase. Finish a deadline, have that all-important conversation, complete a project. Close the door on an issue and move on.
- Release and let go. The two-week period after the Full Moon is the waning phase of the Moon, an ideal time to release and let go. Sweep out old energy, declutter, release stuck emotions that no longer serve you. Do this to get ready for New Moon energy that arrives in two weeks time.
- Ditch limiting beliefs. During the Full Moon, you could write down what holds you back or you want to change, the things you no longer want in your life. Then, either burn the piece of paper or write it on toilet paper and flush it away. Make choices that benefit you personally.
- Let go of attachments. As human beings, we form attachments that can sometimes be helpful but often are not. One of the most important lessons in life is learning to discern what to hold on to and where to surrender. See clearly the difference between the material and the spiritual. During the Full Moon phase, put your trust in life and restore your faith in yourself.
- What are your Full Moon rituals?
- Do you want to create more community in your life during the Full Moon? What will you choose to take part in?
- How do you honour the Moon & bring her magic and wisdom into your life?
I’d love to know – drop me a note in the comments box below.
Here are the areas of your life under the cosmic radar during the Full Moon in Aquarius. Read both your Sun sign & Ascendant sign:
- Aquarius: image, identity, personal goals – relationships, contracts, a third party
- Pisces: retreat, secrets, self-care, caring for others – work, service, health, lifestyle
- Aries: friends, groups, society, politics – children, creativity, entertainment, love affairs
- Taurus: career, status, responsibility, future goals – home, family, past
- Gemini: travel, study, beliefs – communication, local community, neighbours, siblings
- Cancer: other peoples’ money, debt, taboos – personal finances, assets, values, self-worth
- Leo: relationships, contracts, a third party – image, identity, personal goals
- Virgo: work, service, health, lifestyle – retreat, secrets, self-care, caring for others
- Libra: children, creativity, entertainment, love affairs – friends, groups, society, politics
- Scorpio: home, family, past – career, status, responsibility, future goals
- Sagittarius: communication, local community, neighbours, siblings – travel, study, beliefs
- Capricorn: personal finances, assets, values, self-worth – other peoples’ money, debt, taboos
The weekly horoscopes & astrology newsletter is the best way to find out how to use astrology to benefit your life and make clear sense of this complex but magical language. Monthly and annual payment plans available. Sign up here today: Weekly.