This is a fabulous New Moon for new beginnings so forget failed New Year resolutions, don’t worry that we’re already one month in to a new year, brush yourself down and start again.
A New Moon is a brilliant symbol for setting new intentions, for looking ahead, for plotting and planning, for being inspired. Aquarius loves technology so use it to your advantage; Aquarius is a humanitarian sign so don’t just talk about making a difference, make it happen.
After January’s false starts, thanks mainly to a retrograde Mercury, when many of us were going backwards or holding back on new beginnings, here’s your go-for-it opportunity.
The Chinese agree because today is also their Lunar New Year. They choose the second New Moon after the Winter Solstice which makes sense. In the northern hemisphere, January 1st takes place in the thick of winter when much of nature is hibernating. New life is beginning to sprout now as crocuses and daffodils come to life which feels like a much more successful time for new initiatives
This New Moon takes place at 19 Aquarius 16 so brilliant news if you have planets or angles close to the new moon degree. Here’s a quick reminder of the areas of life that are ripe for action (read your Sun sign and your Ascendant sign):
- Aries: friends, groups, social networks, hopes & wishes
- Taurus: career, vocation, status & reputation
- Gemini: travel, exploration, higher education, knowledge
- Cancer: joint finances, shared resources, metaphysical realm
- Leo: relationships, 1-to-1 interactions, contracts & joint ventures
- Virgo: work, everyday lifestyle, health, service to others
- Libra: love affairs, children, creativity, entertainment, luck
- Scorpio: home, family, your past, where you come from
- Sagittarius: communication, education, local community, siblings
- Capricorn: personal money, possessions, values, resources
- Aquarius: personal goals, physical body, image & appearance
- Pisces: retreat, secrets, inner work
The exact time of the New Moon is as follows:
London – Monday 8th February 14:39 GMT
Sydney – Tuesday 9th February 01:39 GMT + 11
New York – Monday 8th February 09:39 GMT – 5
Many people like to meditate during the time of the New Moon so be quiet and see what emerges. This is the time to sow seeds which will grow and flourish over the next fortnight when they can be ‘harvested’ at the Full Moon on February 22nd.
This New Moon is extra special as it’s the Chinese Lunar New Year. In the sign of Aquarius, this is a positive energy to look further ahead and plan the rest of your year.
Make a wish, make it happen!