Today, January 16, 2018, marks the first exact planetary connection between big planet Jupiter and power planet Pluto. This is a key signature of the year’s theme while Jupiter continues its journey through Scorpio bringing truth and revelation to Scorpio’s realms, including sex, money, death, rebirth and all things hidden.
Jupiter moved into Scorpio on October 10, 2017, where it remains until November 8, 2018. This transit is made even more powerful when it aligns with Pluto, Scorpio’s co-ruler on the following dates:
- January 16, 2018 (04:13 GMT) – 19 degrees Scorpio/Capricorn
- April 14, 2018 (09:58 GMT) – 21 degrees Scorpio/Capricorn
- September 12, 2018 (07:55 GMT) – 18 degrees Scorpio/Capricorn
A sextile aspect harnesses the strength of both planets in an easy and harmonious link. There’s huge opportunity and power in this combination that’s worth taking hold of. Here’s a reminder of what both planets represent:
- Wherever Jupiter resides in your horoscope, this is where you find luck, good fortune and opportunity. It’s an ideal time to take risks, be expansive and look on the bright side. Make the most of the area of life that’s highlighted by Jupiter.
- The big planet is linked to travel, foreign connections, higher education, the law, publishing, the media and religion. Jupiter represents truth and justice and is identified with the search for meaning and purpose in life.
- Pluto doesn’t have the best reputation in astrology because its mythological archetype is God of the Underworld, linked to death, darkness and loss. Pluto can take you down to the underworld or you’re more than ready to explore all that’s hidden in life, including the psyche and unexplained phenomena.
- Pluto’s ultimate goal is self-transformation and when you return to the light from the darkness, you often do so with valuable insight and hidden riches.
In mythology, Jupiter was King of the Gods and Pluto was God of the Underworld. These are a powerful duo and, when these planets are in aspect in a birth chart, themes of power and wealth dominate. Plus, note the star signs they meet in; Jupiter in Scorpio, the star sign linked to healing and regeneration and Pluto in Capricorn, the star sign linked to mastery and achievement.
This profound combination is brilliant for revealing the truth, for digging deep to out corruption and immorality and replace them with justice and values that are worthy and honest.
This is an excellent time to commit to a new project or undertaking, preferably one that requires self-discipline, laser focus and inner strength. What you begin now could create something incredible in your life or the lives of others by the last quarter of the year when Jupiter’s ready to leave Scorpio.
This is the planetary equivalent of finding a healthy obsession and committing yourself to it 100%. If you have key planets or angles between 18 to 21 degrees of Scorpio or Capricorn, you’ll feel this most strongly.
Notice where you’re being called forth and what your spirit is yearning for. At its best, this combination has the potential to transform and change lives and it can work on both an inner and outer level.
Psychology, therapy, healing and psychic skills are ruled by Scorpio and its link to the subconscious. Jupiter and Pluto together are expanding these areas of life, revealing valuable insights and bringing forth hidden riches. Look closely at what you want to manifest in your own life and in the world at large.
Here’s a guide to which areas of life are being triggered for you when Jupiter in Scorpio and Pluto in Capricorn combine forces. How can you bring Jupiter’s power in alignment with Pluto’s resilience?
- Aries: Jupiter: joint finances, shared resources, the metaphysical realm Pluto: career & vocation, status & reputation
- Taurus: Jupiter: relationships, contracts, opponents Pluto: travel, study, philosophy, spirituality
- Gemini: Jupiter: work, routine, lifestyle, health Pluto: joint finances, shared resources, the metaphysical realm
- Cancer: Jupiter: love affairs, children & pregnancy, creative projects Pluto: relationships, contracts, opponents
- Leo: Jupiter: home & family, your past Pluto: work, routine, lifestyle, health
- Virgo: Jupiter: communication, local community, education Pluto: love affairs, children & pregnancy, creative projects
- Libra: Jupiter: money, possessions, values Pluto: home & family, your past
- Scorpio: Jupiter: personal goals & aims, image & profile Pluto: communication, local community, education
- Sagittarius: Jupiter: inner work, retreat, spirituality Pluto: money, possessions, values
- Capricorn: Jupiter: friends, groups, social causes, politics Pluto: personal goals & aims, image & profile
- Aquarius: Jupiter: career & vocation, status & reputation Pluto: inner work, retreat, spirituality
- Pisces: Jupiter: travel, study, philosophy, spirituality Pluto: friends, groups, social causes, politics