New Moon [28 Taurus 25]
May 19, 2023 (16:53 GMT+1)
New Moon alert! It’s that time of the month when we await a new lunar cycle which begins with the New Moon. This New Moon is possibly one of the best of the year. This is because it takes place in Taurus, a sign that’s much loved by the Moon. It’s thought of as a ‘safe harbour’.
Plus, this New Moon is in the midst of some lively astrology. You’ll know all about this if you subscribe to my Weekly Horoscopes & Astrology Newsletter. You can sign up here: Weekly.
Suffice to say that the current astrology is dramatic but this New Moon is a chance to stop, ground yourself and take stock.
Here are some top tips on how to make the most of the New Moon energy
1. Set your intentions for the month ahead. Launch a project, start something new. The best time to do this is a day or two after the New Moon when the New Moon energy kicks in. The following fortnight is great for being pro-active and taking the initiative in all areas.
2. Make a wish on the crescent moon. This will appear in the night sky on May 20th/21st. When you first catch a glimpse of the Moon, make your wish as New Moon wishes can come true.
3. Write an abundance cheque. You can do this with any cheque. Write your name where it says ‘payee’, add how much you want to receive, choose any figure you like, the more abundant the better and sign it ‘with love from the universe’.
Tuck it away and wait and see what manifests by the time of the Full Moon in two weeks time on June 4th. This is doubly advantageous because Taurus is the sign that rules money so make the most of this potentially abundant New Moon.
4. Be in nature, garden, planet fruit and vegetables. Taurus is one of the earth signs so revel in simple pleasures, the glory and beauty of nature that’s all around you. Stop what you’re doing, sit or walk outside, give thanks for the constancy of nature
5. Sing, be cheerful. Taurus rules the throat and there are many amazing Taurus singers with unique voices. Adele (b. May 5 1988) is a great example. Sing in a choir, sing to your children, sing in the shower.
6. Eat, drink and be merry. Taurus is one of the sensual earth signs linked to food and produce. So make this a special New Moon and savour good food, enjoy good company and share good times together. If you’re a budding chef, knock up a special meal for your loved ones. Be happy.
7. Tend to the earth. Taurus is a slow and steady earth sign and there’s a lot going on in Taurus. The planet of growth and opportunity Jupiter is here alongside the planet of revolution and innovation Uranus. Take care of the environment, champion the earth we live on and be more mindful about earth-related ventures.
Here’s a quick guide to the areas of your life that are highlighted during this New Moon. Read both your Sun & Ascendant sign:
- Aries – money & values
- Taurus – personal goals & self image
- Gemini – solitude & secrets
- Cancer – friends & wider society
- Leo – career & status
- Virgo – travel & study
- Libra – joint finances & sexuality
- Scorpio – love & relationships
- Sagittarius – job & health
- Capricorn – birth i.e. kids, romance, creative project
- Aquarius – home & family
- Pisces – local community & ideas
Wishing you happiness and abundance on a glorious New Moon in Taurus.
Don’t miss out on the weekly horoscopes & astrology newsletter. It lands in your inbox every Sunday morning so you’re ready & prepared for the week ahead. Sign up here: Weekly.