NEW MOON [1 Pisces 22]
– February 20, 2023 (07:06 GMT)
We are currently in the dark phase of the moon, the few days before the New Moon begins bringing a new lunar cycle. Traditionally, this period before the New Moon is a time to rest and retreat, to turn inward and stop before you start something new.
This is an important phase in the month which is often missed. If you’re someone who’s used to being busy or you’re juggling countless roles in life, time for contemplation and reflection may be hard to come by. Try not to miss this out, even if the time you’re able to stop is brief.
Moondark is one of the names for this quiet time, the period before a new cycle begins. This is when you can pause and look at what you need in order to replenish your energy and let go of tension, emotion or stuff that weighs you down. Complete the cycle fully and you step into the future feeling lighter and unburdened.
The New Moon is exact on February 20th, the start of a new week. It falls in romantic, creative, imaginative Pisces, the last star sign in the zodiac.
Pisces’ nature is boundless. When planets gather here, you can lose yourself. Push back the boundaries of life, explore what’s possible and what lies beyond the everyday. Be open to whatever life brings your way.
This feels like a powerful New Moon because it falls at 1° of the star sign, fresh and pure. Plus, it’s leading the way into a new Pisces’ era.
During this New Moon, Saturn sits at 28° Aquarius getting ready to end its journey through Aquarius where it’s strong and dive deep into Pisces’ emotional realm.
On the one hand, you could see this is an opportunity to make dreams (Pisces) real (Saturn). Yet, what will be dissolved, what will be lost if Pisces overwhelms Saturn’s rules, order and systems? It’s an intriguing mix and we’ll start to find out more from next month onwards. Saturn enters Pisces on March 7th.
For now, lose yourself in Pisces’ realm, dive deep into inspiration, beauty, art, music, the creative or spiritual source. Start something new that brings more beauty into the world.
New Moon Tips
Here are some ideas on how to make the most of this New Moon, a symbol of new beginnings.
1. Set your intentions. Write them down, whisper them to the universe.
2. Make a wish on the crescent moon. This will appear in the night sky a couple of days after the New Moon date. When you first catch a glimpse, make your wish as New Moon wishes can come true.
3. Write an abundance cheque. You can do this with any cheque. Write your name where it says ‘payee’, add how much you want to receive, choose any figure you like, the more abundant the better and sign it ‘with love from the universe’. Tuck it away and wait and see what manifests by the time of the Full Moon two weeks later.
4. Switch off digitally, daydream, wander, meander and tap into your imagination. Be by the sea, float in the bath, give in to life. Meditate, be quiet.
5. Get a tarot reading, visit an astrologer. Use your psychic skills and your powers of intuition. Ignore the rational realm. Instead, use visualisation, magic & mystery to move instinctually through life.
6. Take care of other people, look after small pets and help out people in need. Visit someone in hospital or prison. Be compassionate, caring and kind.
7. Tap into the collective unconscious and be sensitive to the suffering in the world without losing yourself. Feel your emotions and connect with your heart.
8. Be a romantic. Fall in love, listen to music that stirs your soul, visit an art gallery, take photographs. Seek beauty in the world during this most beautiful New Moon in Pisces.
Where The New Moon Falls
Read both your Sun sign & your Ascendant sign.
- Pisces – 1st house – personal goals/aims, physical body, image & self-perception
- Aries – 12th house – sacrifice, inner work, a spiritual retreat, caring for self & others
- Taurus – 11th house – friends, groups, politics, social causes, hopes & wishes
- Gemini – 10th house – career & vocation, status & reputation, authorities, future goals
- Cancer – 9th house – travel, study, the bigger picture, life’s meaning & purpose
- Leo – 8th house – joint finances & shared resources, taboo, all things hidden & mysterious
- Virgo – 7th house – relationships, both personal & professional, contracts, enemies
- Libra – 6th house – work & routine, lifestyle & health, service to others
- Scorpio – 5th house – children & creativity, love affairs & luck, fun & entertainment
- Sagittarius – 4th house – home & family, the past, your legacy, where you come from
- Capricorn – 3rd house – communication, siblings, neighbours, community, your voice
- Aquarius – 2nd house – money & possessions, values & self-worth
If you want to dive deep into astrology with me as your guide, sign up to my weekly horoscopes & astrology newsletter. It lands in your inbox every Sunday morning so you’re ready and prepared for the week ahead. Annual & monthly subscriptions available. Click here to join: Weekly.