New Moon [2 Libra 49]
September 25, 2022 (22:55 GMT+1)
At the tail-end of the weekend, the New Moon takes place in Libra, the star sign associated with relationships, art and beauty, balance and harmony. New Moons are a symbol of new beginnings and the start of a new monthly moon cycle.
Sun Opposite Jupiter
During the New Moon, the Sun & Moon are opposed by the biggest planet Jupiter. On September 26th, the Sun & Jupiter will make their opposition as the earth comes between them.
This adds something extra to this month’s New Moon. The Sun represents your ego, your core, your essence. Whereas, Jupiter expands what it touches and is linked to growth and good fortune and Jupiter in Aries is a trail-blazer. This combination indicates a time when you may want to take risks, pursue your big vision and believe anything’s possible.
True, during a Sun-Jupiter opposition, you are encouraged to live life at its fullest. The world’s your oyster, the sky’s your limit.
Yet, this combination can indicate too much of a good thing when you’re in danger of becoming overly confident, arrogant and proud. The Sun in Libra is a reminder to keep life in balance and not go too far in one direction or get too carried away. The aim is to recalibrate the equilibrium of the scales.
Enjoy what Jupiter brings during the New Moon phase but keep your feet on the ground and don’t lose your head in the clouds. Combine big ideas with practicalities and be aware that some plans may work out but some plans may have to be altered at a later date.
Plus, communication planet Mercury remains retrograde during the New Moon. On the day of the Equinox on September 23rd, the Sun sat next to Mercury retrograde at 0° Libra, a cazimi moment when magic can happen.
Mercury has now retreated back into Virgo. Hopefully, the second half of the Mercury retrograde phase will be easier than the first half. A time to sort things out, pay attention to the details and get organised.
You may sense a strong desire to throw caution to the winds during this week’s New Moon phase. Yet, you’re wise to heed caution.
Sow seeds and set your intentions but be aware that things may change again before long. The first turning point comes on October 2nd when Mercury turns direct bringing what’s hidden to light.
7 Top Tips for the New Moon
1. Set your intentions for the month ahead. Write them down, say them out loud.
2. Meditate. Stop, be silent and quiet in your life. The sky is completely dark during the time of the New Moon and it’s an excellent time to listen to your inner voice.
3. Make a wish on the crescent moon. This will appear in the night sky a day or two after the New Moon date. When you first catch a glimpse, make your wish as New Moon wishes can come true.
4. Write an abundance cheque. You can do this with any cheque. Write your name where it says ‘payee’, add how much you want to receive, choose any figure you like, the more abundant the better and sign it ‘with love from the universe’. Tuck it away and wait and see what manifests by the time of the Full Moon in two weeks.
5. Give love. Libra is the sign of relationships. Be open to love, forgive someone close to you, be big-hearted in your relationships and practise kindness and generosity. Start over in a close relationship.
6. Find balance. Libra is the sign of the scales and represents peace and harmony. Life can feel like a constant balancing act but decide what it is you need so you can find balance within yourself. This will be personal to your situation, whether you need time alone or to be around people, you want to catch up on sleep, exercise, eat well, or you’re ready to play more and work less.
7. Surround yourself with beauty. Libra is the sign most closely connected to art and design, fashion and style. Look at your surroundings with a discerning gaze. Admire the beauty in your life, wherever you find it. Buy flowers, pin up photographs, choose a new fragrance, make or buy food that’s luxuriously pretty and tastes divine.
Here are the areas of your life that Libra rules. Check out your Sun sign and your Ascendant sign:
- Aries – love & relationships
- Taurus – job & health
- Gemini – new birth i.e. children, romance, creative projects
- Cancer – home & family
- Leo – local community & communication
- Virgo – money & values
- Libra – personal goals & self image
- Scorpio – retreat & inner work
- Sagittarius – friends & wider society
- Capricorn – career & status
- Aquarius – travel, study & deeper meaning
- Pisces – shared finances & resources
Wishing you New Moon blessings
If you want to keep up-to-date with all the astrology and what it means for you, the weekly horoscopes & astrology newsletter are your must-read guide. They are great value and extremely readable – to find out more and sign up today, click here: Weekly.